Monday, September 1, 2008

Movin to the country, gonna eat me a lot of peaches...

Decided to move from the busy high-times city life of Coban back to the slow movin country livin of Chirrepec. Made the decision for a few reasons:
1. Peace Corps told me to
2. I don't want to get fired
3. I want to take care of stray dogs that wander into my house (I'm gonna need to buy a bunch of dog food and flea collars).

Daily Report:

2:30am woke up to the rooster call outside my window
2:40am woke up to the rooster call outside my window
4:30am woke up to the rooster call outside my window
4:45am woke up to the rooster call outside my window
6:30am woke up to the rooster call outside my window
7:00am got out of bed
7:15am ate breakfast with my neighbors: mashed hotdogs in scrambled eggs with a tablespoon of beans and cream alongside a platter of tortillas
8:30am cleaned the old apt.
9:45am came to the San Juan Chamelco library to check out a book for my tree tour lesson tomorrow. -found internet.. hoorah

So I'm excited to be back in the tranquil land of my tea farm living near a new family.

What I need and can't find here list:
-Dr. Scholes for my too big boots (size 11)
-Peanut Butter (JIF smooth)
-AA batteries (too pricey here) 4pack
-Chocolate
-Tuna
-Motorcycle & Jetpack (against PC regulation, but would be useful)

Alright, time to work... see yaw later

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marky - I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. I'll try to get a package to you this week. Shouldn't you (maybe?) have checked with the Peace Corps BEFORE you started to live the big city life? I'm glad to see the rooster is excited to have you back...

I'll work on the package.
love you. -C

Anonymous said...

Mark,
Your post was great - sometimes,
believe it or not, I wish I could
hear a rooster in the a.m. Skye
wakes me up at 5:45 every day! I will help with your package. You have a birthday coming up so if you think of something else, let me know. I love you, Mama

Zamari said...

Hello Marko, I´m sorry that you have to move again!
Está bien chistoso lo que publicaste, me rei mucho cuando lo leí. Ánimo!esta experiencia nunca la vas a olvidar.

Espero que todo te salga bien, ahora que estas de regreso.


ZaMi.

Anonymous said...

Hey man:

I miss ya over here. Im glad you get to go back out to the country. I am not sure how I would react to a rooster crowing at 240 in the AM (probably throw something at it).

I dont know if I told u this already, but I got a PS3. I thought of you the other day when I was playing it. It was some 1st person shooter that you would have loved (and probably killed me in).

Im still stuck out here in Shreveport trying to get back to a big city. There are no roosters, but it is plenty small for me. I think I like traffic.

Praying for ya man!!!!

Ryan

Anonymous said...

Mark,
I just put 3 boxes into the USPS mail to the address on your blog. Each weighs 20#. My guess is you'll receive 1, 2 at the outside. USPS Priority Mail = $120. Let me know how many and how quickly you get them. If this doesn't work, we'll need to send them to PC headquarters -- Guat mail will probably ensure deliveries there.
Sixiron